It’s the time of year to tidy up, clear out and organize. Why not think creatively about your storage options? We’ve sold these adorable Old-Fashioned Candy Kegs for ages, and they’re great for storing bulky items.
At 18″ high and 12 1/2″ around, they’ll fit most anywhere. We’ve seen them
- in entryways, collecting umbrellas, hats, scarves and gloves
- as kindling buckets
- as oversized planters (adorable when painted and on a porch!)
- as small end tables on a deck, patio or ‘man cave’: just cover top end with glass.
But think of this: wall mounted storage. Now, the kegs aren’t huge, but the pine wood slats are pretty sturdy, and will hold light-to-medium weight items. In the garage, fasten a row of kegs to studs with heavy-duty screws, and the kegs could hold things like:
- lightweight yard toys and balls
- sports equipment (soccer balls, a couple of bats, a volleyball set, etc.)
- garden accessories and hand tools
- shoes or work boots
- leashes, towels and other ‘tidy the dog’ supplies
- small bags of grass seed or bird seed
- ice scrapers/windshield brushes
- gardening gloves and harvest apron
- picnic table covers
The naturally textured pine bodies of the kegs can be painted, stained or left as natural wood. They’ll be more durable with a finish, though. The wood’s fairly smooth, but not furniture-finished.