In regards to the current spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), your health and safety is our concern. We know that a prepared way of life is better than a scared way of life. And, we are scrambling to safely provide you with the services and products you need as quickly as possible.
Steps we are taking to fill online, phone and mail orders:
1. We ordered five times more than our usual inventory of shelf-stable foods and emergency supplies. (However, due to supplier lead times, some items may still be out of stock.)
2. We will make every effort to keep the store open and shelves stocked through any disruptions. (Check our website for updates.)
3. We’ve made contingency plans that will allow our website, telephone and mail order customer service staff to work from home in the event of a forced quarantine.
4. We’ve taken extra precautions to keep our warehouse staff safe and hopefully allow them to continue shipping orders through most disruptions.
5. We have added staff, including a 2nd shift on the shipping line, to speed up our response. Even with the added staff, however, we are running a few days behind. We’re very sorry for the delay, and ask for your patience! If you order today, your order may take 10-20 days to arrive, with transit time
Steps we’ve taken in the store:
1. We have been continually sanitizing all commonly touched surfaces in our store, offices and warehouse.
2. We stopped work-related travel over a month ago.
3. All events and classes scheduled through June have been cancelled. If you paid for a ticket, we will refund your payment. At this point, we are planning to host our July events. We have postponed many events but do not have new dates except for The Chocolate Tour, which has been moved to October 23 and 24. Stay tuned and stay healthy!
4. In accordance with state requirements, our in-store café has closed and will remain closed until allowed to reopen.
5. We are no longer giving samples of any food products.
6. We’ve reduced store hours to 10 AM to 5 PM daily for now (closed on Sundays as usual). This will allow us to reduce the chances of exposure for our staff.
7. If you are especially vulnerable to COVID-19, call for an appointment to visit the store before we open (9 AM and 10 AM weekdays, 800-438-5346).
As always, you will find clean restrooms and a clean store at Lehman’s! We have had hand sanitizers mounted at each entrance for years, and have been able to keep them refilled (so far). As always, we direct employees to stay home if they feel ill or have a fever. (At Lehman’s, most of our staff is full time, not part time. And all full-time workers get at least two weeks of paid time off.) We will scrupulously follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and government.
Please check our website before traveling to the store for further updates.
Challenges we’re facing that impact customer service
1. We are receiving many more calls, emails and orders than normal. Please be patient as periodic delays may occur.
2. We have hired an answering service to help with call volume. Although they can accurately take your order or take a message, they cannot provide immediate answers if your question requires extensive product knowledge. When call volumes are high, new incoming calls are routed to the answering service in an effort to avoid making you hold for long periods of time. We make it a priority to have skilled and experienced staffers respond to any messages taken by the answering service as quickly as possible.
3. We expect more than the usual number of people to call off. (This could be because they are sick or because they have other challenges, such as immunodeficiencies, elder care challenges or school age children whose schools or daycare have been closed.) As a result, response times may be slower.
4. We can accept orders for baked goods, but the bakeries have closed to comply with state requirements. As a result, delivery time is uncertain.
We will continue to do everything we can to balance our first priority (keeping us all safe) with our second priority (running a business focused on quality products, integrity and customer service). Since the situation is fluid and fast developing, please visit OUR WEBSITE or call 800-438-5346 for the latest information.
UPDATE: Our goal is to keep this message as current as possible so that you can rely on the information here. It was last updated Friday, April 10 at 3 PM.
–Galen Lehman, CEO