In regards to the current spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), your health and safety is our concern. We know that a prepared way of life is better than a scared way of life. And, we are scrambling to safely provide you with the services and products you need as quickly as possible.
Steps we are taking to fill online, phone and mail orders:
1. We ordered five times more than our usual inventory of shelf-stable foods and emergency supplies. (However, due to supplier lead times, some items may still be out of stock.)
2. We will make every effort to keep the store open and shelves stocked through any disruptions. (Check our website for updates.)
3. We’ve made contingency plans that will allow our website, telephone and mail order customer service staff to work from home in the event of a forced quarantine.
4. We’ve taken extra precautions to keep our warehouse staff safe and hopefully allow them to continue shipping orders through most disruptions.
5. We currently use an answering service during of high demand. They can check the status of your order but may not be able to provide specific information on our products.
6. The average response times for emails is about 10 hours. However, in periods of high demand, it may take much longer.
7. Lehman’s is currently hiring. Interested in joining the team? You can see the list of current openings on our website.
8. There are currently higher than normal back orders due to factory backlogs. We are working with manufacturers to resolve them.
9. All our inquiries will receive a personal response. Those responses just take some time. We appreciate your patience.
Steps we’ve taken in the store:
1. We have been continually sanitizing all commonly touched surfaces in our store, offices and warehouse.
2. We stopped work-related travel months ago.
3. All large events scheduled through September have been cancelled. If you paid for a ticket, we will refund your payment. We plan to host smaller family fun activities each weekend. The Chocolate Tour, has been moved to October 23 and 24 and the Cupcake Tour will now be held September 25 and 26. Stay tuned at Lehmans.com/events for the most up-to-date information!
4. Our Cafe is now open with limited hours: Wednesday and Thursday 10am – 3pm, Friday and Saturday 10am – 4pm. There is seating available indoors with partitions to allow for social distancing as well as outdoor seating available.
5. We are no longer giving samples of any food products.
6. You can find our hours for the store and cafe at Lehmans.com/kidron_store_hours_and_directions
7. In accordance with the Ohio Mandate, all employees and visitors are required to wear masks and practice social distancing while shopping in the store. There are free disposable masks at customer service or high-quality cloth Amish-made masks for sale. We also offer private shopping before hours and curb side pickup. Call 330-857-5757 x3338 for more information.
As always, you will find clean restrooms and a clean store at Lehman’s! We have had hand sanitizers mounted at each entrance for years, and have been able to keep them refilled (so far). As always, we direct employees to stay home if they feel ill or have a fever. (At Lehman’s, most of our staff is full time, not part time. And all full-time workers get at least two weeks of paid time off.) We will scrupulously follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and government.
Please check our website before traveling to the store for further updates.
We will continue to do everything we can to balance our first priority (keeping us all safe) with our second priority (running a business focused on quality products, integrity and customer service). Since the situation is fluid and fast developing, please visit OUR WEBSITE or call 800-438-5346 for the latest information.
UPDATE: Our goal is to keep this message as current as possible so that you can rely on the information here. It was last updated Tuesday, August 18 at 2 PM.
–Galen Lehman, CEO