Getting gorgeous tomatoes and peppers from your garden or the farm market? Here’s a quick and easy salsa recipe, along with an amazing way to take out all the work:
Salsa Fresca (Fresh Salsa)
You won't believe how easy - and delicious - it is. A recipe to keep for every summer's tomato crop!
Write a review
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeds and veins removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- fresh lime juice
- Run the tomatoes, peppers and onion through the Squeezo All-Metal Food Mill with the optional Pumpkin/Salsa screen.
- After you run the tomatoes, peppers and onion through the strainer, add the garlic, vinegar, olive oil, and cilantro to mixture and stir.
- Add salt and lime juice to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- If you need more salsa (and you will) just double the recipe!
Lehman's Country Life http://blog.lehmans.com/