- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 large dill pickles, shredded
- 1/2 cup pickle juice from pickle jar
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 2 T. instant dissolve flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 T. butter, softened
- In a large saucepan or pot, combine stock, pickles, juice and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Cook over low heat until potatoes are tender (10 minutes or so).
- Add flour, milk and butter; return soup to a boil and remove from heat.
- Return pot to the stove and heat through without boiling.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with fresh dill, sour cream and/or real bacon bits or crumbled bacon.
- Best breads: Serve with potato rolls, hearty wheat bread or piping hot buttermilk biscuits.
Keywords: Dill pickle, dill pickle soup, soup, pickle