- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- ? cup fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons) plus slices for garnish
- Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, just until the sugar melts, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place raspberries and mint leaves in a pitcher. Using the end of a spoon or a muddler, crush until pulpy and smashed.
- Add lemon juice, simple syrup, and 3 cups water, and stir to combine. Add enough ice to fill the pitcher. Serve over ice garnished with mint sprigs and lemon slices.