- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup of steamed yellow squash mashed (be sure and get all the seeds)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 9 inch pie shell or pie crust of your choice
- A small handful of coconut
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Add sugar, spices, and coconut to squash and mix thoroughly.
- Beat eggs. Add cream to eggs and then mix thoroughly with the squash.
- Pour mixture in unbaked pie shell or pie crust of your choice. (If you’re shopping for a good pie pan, check out this pan.)
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Then reduce to 350° and bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean.