- 4 cups mashed strawberries
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 7 cups Sugar
- 1 3/4 ounce of Pectin
- Crush strawberries in a wide bowl in batches until you have 4 cups of mashed berries. It works best to use a potato masher.
- Combine mashed strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and pectin in a pot; stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Continue to boil, stirring often, until the mixture reaches 220 degrees F.
- Check doneness after 10 to 15 minutes by dropping a small spoonful of jam onto a frozen plate. Let sit for 1 to 2 minutes; if jam appears to gel, it is ready. Continue cooking if jam appears thin and runny.
- Transfer jam into jars, fill jars with jam leaving 1/4 inch of head/empty space. Top with lids and screw rings on tightly.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill it halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes. Remove the jars from the stockpot and let rest, several inches apart, for 12 to 24 hours. Store in a cool, dark area.
Always follow USDA guidelines.