For Pizza Dough:
- 2 c warm water
- 2 T yeast
- 2 T sugar
- 2 t salt
- 2 T olive oil
- 6 1/2 c flour
For Pizza Sauce:
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2–8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 T dried oregano
- 2 T Italian seasoning
- 2 t garlic salt
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/2 black pepper
Make the Pizza Dough:
- Combine in a large bowl: 2 c warm water and 2 T yeast.
- When dissolved, add: 2 T sugar, 2 t salt, 2 T olive oil and 2 ½ c flour. Beat until smooth.
- Then add 4 c flour. Knead until elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise until doubled. About 45 minutes. Form 4 balls. Pat and stretch to fill the pizza pan.
Make the Sauce:
- Combine in medium bowl using a wire whip: 6 oz tomato paste, 2-8 oz tomato sauce.
- Then add your favorite spices using a wire whip. We like: 2 T dried oregano, 2 T Italian seasoning, 2 t garlic salt, 1 t onion powder and ½ black pepper.
Add Everything to Your Pizza Dough:
- Add pizza sauce and your favorite toppings.
- We grill our pizza at 500 degrees for 8 minutes. Yum!
This recipe creates a thick, saucy-sauce (Is that even a thing?) that is full of flavor.
I use kitchen scissors to cut our pizza. I, sometimes, substitute some whole wheat flour. I think it adds a delightful nutty flavor.
Keywords: pizza sauce, pizza dough