- 1 block of Feta cheese
- 2 cups of roma tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces of penne pasta
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In your Dutch oven, combine the Roma tomatoes, sliced into chunks, garlic cloves, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Toss everything together to coat.
- Create a space in the center of the tomatoes for the feta cheese block.
- Place the feta cheese block in the center and drizzle a bit of olive oil on top.
- Cover the Dutch oven with its lid and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
- While it’s baking, cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Carefully remove the Dutch oven from the oven using oven mitts.
- Using a fork, gently mash the softened feta cheese and garlic cloves, and mix it with the roasted tomatoes until well combined.
- Add the cooked pasta to the tomato and cheese mixture in the Dutch oven.
- Toss everything together to ensure the pasta is well coated.
- Cut some fresh basil leaves and scatter them over the pasta.
- Serve the Feta Pasta in individual plates or bowls.