We CAN help!
Did you know that February is National Canned Foods Month? Whether you are enjoying the harvest that you have canned yourself, or are stocking your shelves with our canned products, we know preparing quick, nutritious meals is important to you.
Choosing Shelf-Stable Foods
If you aim to lead a more self-sufficient lifestyle, one of the best things you can do is to stock up on shelf-stable foods. Ideal for your disaster pantry, off-grid cabin or homestead, our canned meats will ensure you never go hungry, even when resources are scarce. In addition to canned favorites for the whole family, we also offer smoked meats, sausages, and jerky for anytime, anywhere snacking.
Lehman’s Canned Meat
Lehman’s canned meats (beef, chicken, turkey, pork and broths) are one of our most popular products, available in single cans (28 oz or 14 1/2 oz) or cases of 12. Why?
- With its long shelf life, canned meat is ideal for cabins and camping trips
- Enjoy in all your favorite recipes: stews, soups, casseroles, ethnic dishes and more
- Contains no artificial ingredients, minimally processed, made near our store in Kidron, Ohio
- Unlike many other canned meats, there are no phosphates added
- No water added – the only liquids in the can come from the meat itself. To improve flavor, let the meat soak in (and re-absorb) the liquids before using
- It’s pre-cooked – all you need to do is heat it and eat it!
- 28 oz can is perfect family meal size
- For smaller meals, choose the 14.5-oz can
Quick Recipes with Canned Meat
Discover quick, easy recipes with amazing homemade flavor. For 35 years, Sherri Lehman (wife of Galen Lehman, son of company founder Jay Lehman and our recently retired CEO) has been working her kitchen magic. Now we’ve collected 18 of her favorite recipes. Using Lehman’s canned meat eliminates all the time and work of pre-cooking and deboning, but still gives that “made from scratch” mouthwatering goodness.
- Most of the recipes can be made in less than an hour, many in less than 15 minutes
- Learn how to make fun party food like No Pull Pulled Pork or healthy entrees like Turkey Pear Salad
- Each recipe starts with Lehman’s Chicken, Beef, Pork or Turkey
- Perfectly cooked, they’re ready to eat cold from the can. But, when you add a few ingredients you create amazing original recipes, perfected right in Mrs. Lehman’s kitchen!
- Divided in three sections: 1. Appetizers; 2. Soups, Salads and Sandwiches; and 3. Entrees
Want a digital copy? Click here to download a free pdf of the cookbook.
My phone ? won’t let me download, can I get a physical copy of your cook book? I would love to get your cook book the recipes remind me of my mother’s