Fall is finally here– which means cozy sweaters, crisp air, colorful foliage, and of course, pumpkin spice everything!
I love baking pumpkin spice treats from scratch for myself and family during this time of the year– which is what inspired this insanely delicious pumpkin spice waffle recipe! This recipe is healthy, made from nutritious ingredients, and is super simple to make.
Cooking and baking from scratch is a cornerstone of my livelihood. It allows me to get creative in the kitchen, be more self-sufficient, and feed my family healthy foods that taste better than store-bought.
Especially during the fall season, when there are tons of processed pumpkin spice sweets and treats available at the supermarket, I love to make mine from scratch. Cooking and baking from scratch ensures that my family gets to enjoy all of the cozy pumpkin spice treats without the junk that is put in packaged foods.
Using Lehman’s products for simple living– like their delicious maple syrup, mixing bowl, dough whisk, cast iron waffle maker, and syrup dispenser, makes this pumpkin spice waffle recipe enjoyable and effortless to make, and puts my mind at ease knowing the products and ingredients are mindfully sourced and healthy for my family!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup neutral oil (I like avocado)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup of milk/buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder + baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg)
- Butter for topping
Apple Cider Syrup-
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of apple cider
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Waffles
For the waffles:
- Preheat your cast iron waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Grease the preheated cast iron waffle iron with butter or avocado oil spray.
- Pour the waffle batter onto the center of the waffle iron.
- Close the waffle iron and cook until the waffles are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the waffles from the waffle iron and repeat with the remaining batter.
For the apple cider syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup and apple cider.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the syrup simmer for about 10 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and let it cool slightly for a few minutes before serving with waffles.
Enjoy this pumpkin spice waffle recipe on a chilly fall morning to warm you up. Once you try these, you’ll want to make them over and over again, and they’ll become a new recipe staple for you this fall season! Be sure to take a photo of your pumpkin spice waffles and tag @MilkMaidFarm on Instagram!
For more delicious recipes just like this one, plus best tips and practices when it comes to cooking from scratch, download my ebook Staples Made Simple: A Beginner’s Guide to Cooking Everyday Recipes from Scratch!
You can get your copy of the ebook HERE.
I also post daily over at @milkmaidfarm on instagram about all things homesteading, and inspiration to live a simpler life. Hope to see you there!
–Selina, from the Milkmaid Farm