Happy National Soup Month! While we can’t avoid the cold weather, we can surely find ways to make it more tolerable, and homemade soup is the perfect remedy.
Today, we’re sharing with you a recipe straight from Lehman’s newest cookbook, The Sapphire Cookbook Collection. We hope you enjoy!Print
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 T. olive oil
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 4 C. chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 16 oz. frozen potato gnocchi
- 2 C. heavy cream
- 1 C. chopped fresh spinach
- Fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Sauté onion, celery, garlic and carrots in olive oil over medium heat until onion is translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken breast, chicken stock, salt, pepper and thyme. Bring to a boil then add gnocchi. Boil for about 4 minutes, then turn heat down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and spinach, then cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Check out our past posts for more great homemade soup recipes! (Just click on the names below.)
More Soup Recipes
Editor’s Note: Lehman’s Sapphire Cookbook Collection is now available at Lehmans.com or in our Kidron store. Get your copy today!
This article was first posted in January 2020.