Happy National Soup Month! January is the perfect time to make a homemade batch of hot, hearty soup and warm up from the winter chill. Today we’re sharing with you two delicious soup recipes from Lehman’s Diamond Jubilee Cookbook. So get the bowls ready – it’s going to be soup-er!Print
- 2 T. butter
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 C. chopped onions
- 1/2 C. chopped celery
- 1 C. diced potatoes
- 1 C. sliced carrots
- 2 C. tomato juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/3 C. flour
- 4 C. milk
- Melt butter in pan. Brown meat in butter; add onions and cook until transparent. Stir in remaining ingredients, except for flour and milk. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour with 1 cup of the milk and then stir into soup mixture. Bring to a boil. Then add remaining milk and heat, stirring frequently. Do not boil after adding last of milk.
Keywords: hamburger soup, lehmans cookbook, lehmans diamond jubilee cookbook
- Cut the cauliflower and leek into small pieces. Place pieces into a pot with the broth. Boil on medium heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until vegetables are tender. Puree with an immersion blender or regular countertop blender.
- Cook the bacon and then cut into pieces. Add the bacon pieces to the soup and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: gluten free soups, lehmans cookbook, lehmans diamond jubilee cookbook
For more satisfying soup recipes and meals, check out our latest cookbooks.