We’ve gotten some recent requests for the following recipe, a holiday tradition in my house since I found it several years ago. For cheesecake novices: this is a very easy and truly mah-velous one to make. Rich, creamy white chocolate cheesecake is studded with crunchy bits of peppermint candy and capped with a bit o’ whipped topping – simply sublime.Print
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 8–oz pkg. cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 4 1–oz squares white baking chocolate
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. crushed candy canes
- Whipped topping
- Red and green sugar (optional)
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and melted butter together to make crust. Press mixture into bottom of 10″ springform pan.
- Bake crust at 325°F for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Mix cream cheese and 3/4 c. sugar until just blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each until blended.
- Melt white chocolate in double boiler and stir into cream cheese mixture. Gently fold in crushed candy canes. Pour mixture over cooled crust.
- Bake 45-50 minutes at 325°F or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate for (at least) 4 hours. When ready to serve, spread a thin layer of whipped topping on top of cheesecake and sprinkle with more crushed candy canes and red and green sugar.