“Busy” is an understatement to describe the lives we live today. But we all remember mom’s saying, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” Why is that? It’s simple, really. We need good fuel to get our engines restarted. The time between dinner or our late night snack and breakfast is generally 8-12 hours (that’s why it’s called “break fast”). And here’s a big surprise: “Not having enough time” to make a hot breakfast is the number one reason given for not eating well in the morning.
Did you know that in the time it takes to set up your coffee maker at night, you can start a batch of slow cooker oatmeal that will be ready to dish out and enjoy when you get up? Set out bowls and spoons and voila – you’ll wake to a homemade, hot meal.Print
Overnight Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Combine the oats, water, milk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and butter in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low overnight or 8 hours.
- In the morning, serve in bowls and top with your favorite “stir-ins” like fresh or dried fruit, maple syrup, brown sugar, or nuts.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 hours
Keywords: overnight slow cooker oatmeal, overnight oats, oatmeal, slow cooker
Easy Scrambled Egg Power Burritos
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas, warmed
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs, stirring, until set but still soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the eggs among the tortillas.
- Set out your choice of: salsa, grated cheese, avocado, baby spinach, chopped onion, whatever you like!
- Fold them up and enjoy or wrap in foil to take on the go.
- Prep Time: 15 min
Keywords: breakfast burritos, scrambled egg burritos, egg
Weekend breakfasts lend themselves to taking more time. Whip up some awesome pancakes and waffles for your family with Kenyon’s Stone Ground Buttermilk and Honey Pancake Mix– made the old-fashioned way, with no additives or preservatives. Top them off with pure maple syrup or your favorite jelly and jams.
Get your cold winter morning motor started with a hot breakfast! Shop ALL BREAKFAST FOODS