This spring, staff members at our Kidron store undertook the transformation of the formergrill and patio area into a green, inviting, interactive heirloom vegetable garden. This project took many brains, hands and strong backs, not to mention months of planning and prep work before the actual planting got underway. Why go to all the trouble? Here’s why!
We planted the garden so that visitors can:LEARN that it doesn’t take a lot of space to grow a garden (you can even “garden” out of a burlap bag! – we have several on display)
Our garden features:
- Raised beds and container gardens
- Heirloom Vegetables – organic and non-GMO
- Lehman’s hand tools and cultivators
- Portable Backyard Chicken Coop
Outdoor Living features:
- Garden accessories such as wrought iron plant hooks
- Children’s area with teepee
Learn From Us and Grow With Us!
- Our garden pro, Roger, will be tending the garden throughout the season – stop by and ask questions!
- Organic Gardener, Karen Geiser, will be available every Thursday and one Saturday monthly to share her knowledge.
- Follow along on social media and “Grow with us!” #LehmansGarden
We planted the garden so that visitors can:
- SEE our garden tools and products in action
- ASK questions of our experts